"Don't think that blindness is very far away from us. Some seemingly common chronic diseases can also cause blindness."." Shijiazhuang kidney disease hospital experts held a special lecture on eye health at the hospital to remind diabetics that they should always pay attention to "sugar net disease" which may do irreversible harm to diabetes patients’ eyes.
The average incidence is over 50%, and some of the patient turn blind at the age of more than 20
What is sugar net disease? Experts explain that this is an eye complication caused by diabetes that can seriously impair vision, a diabetic retinopathy, referred to as "sugar net disease"". The common ocular complication caused by diabetes is fundus hemorrhage. The most serious cause of retinal detachment is blindness. If the patient does not control the diet, blood sugar is too high, it will aggravate the complications of eye disease.
Experts said the city has a total of 292 thousand persons with visual impairment disabilities, except for congenital blindness, there are many acquired blindness; cataract, glaucoma, diabetes have become a culprit now". Among the patients attending the Department of Ophthalmology, 1/3 were diabetic patients. The most regrettable thing is that due to bad life and eating habits, the age of onset of diabetes has been greatly advanced, twenty or thirty year old patients are very common. The longer the diabetic disease, the higher the incidence of retinopathy, the average incidence of patients can reach 50%-63%.
A lot of people didn't receive treatment in time, and they delayed their illness." So was Fang Popo, a 65 year old diabetic patient. Fang has been suffering from diabetes for 18 years and usually likes to kill time with her neighbours. In May last year, when she is playing mahjong suddenly found her mahjong is not clear, "Fang didn’t know that diabetes will also affect the eyes," Fang went to the hospital the next day, being rejected by a number of hospitals because of too many patients are waiting for enrollment; 3 months later Fang came to our hospital, the disease has increased, eye is bleeding, now after treatment her eyes disease were controlled.
Experts advise patients with diabetes, the current statistics indicate that 50% of patients will appear "sugar net disease" in about 10 years; 15 years and above the lesion in patients with diabetes up to 80% the proportion. The more severe of diabetes, the older of patients, the higher incidence probability is. But if early detection and scientific treatment, most patients can get rid of the risk of blindness.
How to prevent "Sugar nets disease", doing the following six points is enough
1. People with type 1 diabetes need to go to the doctor for 3-5 years after the onset of diabetes to examine their eyes to see if there is a diabetic retinopathy. Take positive prevention.
2. patients with type 2 diabetes need to be immediately examined by the relevant medical institution to see if there is any diabetic retinopathy in their eyes, so as to prevent them in time.
3. In patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes should be once a year to the relevant agencies for inspection, in particular should be examined by a physician experienced in diabetic retinopathy, retinopathy in development more need to check the treatment at any time.
4. women who have become diabetic are required to have diabetes retinopathy during pregnancy or during pregnancy. They should be followed at any time during pregnancy so as to prevent retinopathy.
5 any degree of macular edema and retinal lesions of the patients need to be treated under the guidance of an doctor with richness in diabetic retinopathy treatment, do not delay the treatment time.
6. patients with diabetic vision loss should be encouraged to undergo treatment with trained or experienced ophthalmologists or optometrists in the treatment of amblyopia in an effort to restore vision.
The expert reminds several prevention checks need to do by patients with diabetic retinopathy above, examination is the most important to prevent disease; diabetes patients need timely examination to exclude retinopathy; if have diabetic retinopathy, patients need timely treatment, do not delay the treatment and lost vision.