In our daily life, there are many causes of kidney disease, and this is a chronic disease, the symptoms are complicated, perse and difficult to treat. So, what's the cause of hyponatremia in nephrotic syndrome? Do you understand? Many patients friends will have this question, how much do you know about it? Next, take a look at what the kidney specialist says.
Patients with nephrotic syndrome all have hyponatremia, which is considered to be hyponatremia in patients with nephrotic syndrome, serum sodium and 120mmol/L. The causes of hyponatremia in nephrotic syndrome are as follows:
1. long-term use of adrenal cortex hormone treatment of nephrotic syndrome, so that adrenal cortical function is inhibited, once the use of corticosteroids, secondary cortical dysfunction occurs.
2. long term low salt or no salt diet leads to lack of salt.
3. poor appetite and vomiting and diarrhea not only result in a shortage of sodium salts, but also the loss of potassium and sodium salts from the gastrointestinal tract.
4. sodium and potassium are lost after diuretic use.
5. in the case of low sodium, a large amount of electrolyte free solution can lead to hyponatremia. Moreover, the increase of antidiuretic hormone and the increase of water and sodium in the renal tubule can lead to hyponatremia.
Sodium deficiency hyponatremia and dilution hyponatremia exist simultaneously in patients with nephrotic syndrome, and the serum sodium drop is even lower, even 115mmol/L. When blood sodium is too low, even in serum sodium 120mmol/L, the patient may also suffer convulsions, hypotension and plasma bicarbonate lowering, resulting in transient ventilation, resulting in secondary acute respiratory alkalosis. But if serum sodium drops slowly, there can be no obvious clinical symptoms.
Through the above content, why after you suffer from kidney disease will lead to hypokalemia should be clear, in short, as long as the detected renal abnormalities, even without nephropathy symptoms can not ignore, should be early symptomatic treatment, if you have a kidney disease knowledge need detailed understanding, you can consult our our online experts, experts will reply as soon as possible.