What are complications of nephrotic syndrome? Today, nephrotic syndrome has become a common form of kidney disease, and many people suffer from it. After this disease, the patient will have high blood pressure, systemic swelling and other symptoms, the harm is great. Let the kidney specialist summarize the complications of nephrotic syndrome.
1. infection, mainly subcutaneous infection, peritonitis, urinary tract infection and so on.
2. thrombosis and embolism complication, which is one of the fatal complications of nephrotic syndrome.
3. promote cardiovascular disease. Atherosclerosis can be accelerated by chronic high blood lipids, especially elevated LDL levels. In recent years, it has been found that nephrotic syndrome may aggravate progressive sclerosis of the glomerulus.
4. malnutrition, due to urinary protein loss, nephrotic syndrome patients causing malnutrition, there will be muscle atrophy, child growth and development disorders. Vitamin D deficiency causes disorders of calcium and phosphorus metabolism and secondary hyperparathyroidism. In addition, there may be low zinc and copper deficiency, nephrotic syndrome will occur slow healing of the wound, anemia and other symptoms.
5. shock, nephrotic syndrome, due to the excretion of large amounts of proteinuria, will make the blood vessels seep into the blood vessels, serious when it will lead to shock, further development may be acute renal failure.
The above is the summary of complications of nephrotic syndrome for nephrotic syndrome, for reference only. The treatment and etiology of nephrotic syndrome are different and lead to various complications. If patients with nephrotic syndrome have the above symptoms, please go to regular hospital.