Posted by admin | 2017-08-23
Kidney infection, also known as renal infection or pyelonephritis, is a common type of urinary tract infection (UTI).
Bacteria often begins in the bladder or the urethra (a tube which transports urine from the bladder outside the body) and spreads to one of the kidneys, infecting it.
This article will explain what a kidney infection cause and kidney infection symptoms in men.
Kidney infection causes in men
If your kidneys are infected, you need medical attention right away. But what causes kidney infections?
The short answer is: bacteria.
Kidney infections typically occur when bacteria enter your urinary tract through the tube that carries urine from your body (the urethra), and then begin to multiply. Bacteria from an infection elsewhere in your body also can spread through your bloodstream to your kidneys. It’s unusual for that to be what causes kidney infections, but it can happen. For example, this can occur if you have an artificial joint or heart valve and it becomes infected. It's more likely if your immune system is weakened due to another illness, such as diabetes or HIV/AIDS. Kidney infection can develop following kidney surgery, but that's rare. Women have a greater risk of kidney infection than men. That’s because a woman's urethra is much shorter than a man’s, so bacteria have less distance to travel from outside the body to the bladder.Urinary tract obstruction bacteria are not easily excreted by the bladder and multiply, causing infection.
Enlarged prostate - males with an enlarged prostate have a higher risk of developing kidney infections.
Kidney infection symptoms in men
When someone has a kidney infection, it normally develops quite fast - in a day or a few hours. Symptoms of a kidney infection in men include:
•Pain in the groin
•Pain in the side
Often symptoms are worse when the patient urinates
If there is also a corresponding bladder infection (cystitis or urethritis) the inpidual Kidney infection symptoms in men may experience:
•Dysuria - pain or difficult urination, often described as a burning or stinging sensation
•Inability to urinate fully
•Pain in the lower abdomen
Kidney healthy from now on.If you are curious about What is the kidney infection symptoms and causes in men? and have a question, you can leave detailed message for us, we will do utmost to help you.
- Kidney infection symptoms in woman
- Causes and symptoms of kidney infection in babies
- How do you know if you have a kidney infection?
- What are the symptoms of acute pyelonephritis in pregnancy?
- What are the early symptoms of pyelonephritis?
- How do you know if you have a kidney infection？
- Symptoms of pyelonephritis in pregnancy
- What are the symptoms of a kidney infection?
- What are the symptoms of pyelonephritis latency?
- Kidney infection pain location,symptoms and treatment
- Female sex is frequent. Be careful of kidney infections
- What are the recurrence of chronic pyelonephritis symptoms?
- What are the symptoms of kidney infection
- Kidney infection symptoms in women-back pain
- What are signs and symptoms of a kidney infection while pregnant?
- Related articles
- would kidney stone pain come and go?
- What does a kidney infection feel like?
- kidney stone stuck in bladder symptoms
- Does kidney stones cause bloating?
- would kidney stones cause diarrhea?
- Why your kidney pain after drinking alcohol?
- kidney stone healthy diet recipes
- What are the symptoms of kidney stones stuck in bladder?
- What are the kidney stone early symptoms?
- kidney pain vs back pain